Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The top of my glass, and the bottom of that pool.

When the sun wants to shine in Vegas, the rest of the world must get a chill.

"Ha! you have to be kidding me!" Hewitt rang out, gawking at the forest of a cocktail in her hand. " I appreciate the drink sir but I feel you may have flattened the rainforest to bring it to me!". She laughed, every part of her shaking in a way that could have made the cold war a boiling one.

"For you my dear I would lay to waste the collective flora and fauna of all the Americas." Singin' Charlie said dragging a smile to one side of his face. If there ever was a gentleman is was Charlie. And if there was a god, he wouldnt have made him such a rich bastard. "where is your little friend," he paused and feigned a thought "Arthur?"

" Well he should be finishing the rehearsal for your show tonight, shouldn't you be there? Or do you work as a server now?" She replied sliding her foot into the crystal clear water of the pool before her. The way she sat on the edge of that pool made every one around look cheap, sunning on their pool chairs. The green tile of the pool softened, the white top hat at the bottom- distorting and dissipating  as if the bow to the queen of the strip.

"Oh sweetheart I've been doing this quite a bit longer than old Artie. I know my material better than the back of my hand." Charlie said extending his tan claw. "but yours..." he went to grab Hewitt's free hand.

"Im afraid not Charlie," Hewitt said withdrawing from his advance. "Thank you for the drink." She pulled her hair back and slid into the pool.

" Im sure your coming tonight," Charlie said adjusting the golden top hat cufflink already perfectly fastened to his glowing white sports coat. " for Art?" He smiled as he turned and left.

Miss Herwitt set an untouched drink on the edge of the pool and spun slowly backward into the water.

The crowed was starring.

The sun was setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment