Monday, September 7, 2009

Post

My box is stirring
but I am not.
The valley is stirring, and over the hill
but I want quiet.
I told this to a friend, and she went on to ask
'Why do you like the trees if all this stirring gets you down?'
I replied that the trees didn't want anything.
'What about that giant flag you point at, and remind me of every time we go to Santa-Monica?'
I replied maybe its stirring that I like. Both these things stirred around.
'As long as you don't have to take part in it, you like it.'
Secretly, I just didn't know how to stir like those things.
And didn't want to learn.
I would fumble and fail.
I would wiggle where I was expected to shake,
and stretch when the contract was to contract.
I'll let the trees and my flag do the stirring.
I'll be a post.


No comments:

Post a Comment