Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Way Out Of The Woods- pt 3

The branches got greedy,
and took all the sun for themselves.
Or the sun
had other plans.
Dark.

I released the gate,
and let my own light out,
from a lamp. Orange light.
More fear came to me, 
until my legs could hardly move.

I shook all night,
walking.
I wondered about the one who threw the rock.
If they understood,
they didn't have to throw anything,
at all.
Clear thought.

I wondered, walking, shaking,
about the bear what spared my life.
He thought, that I,
had spared his.
Lucky thinking.

I did not,
at this time,
remember the tree
that had landed me in this trouble.
Robbed me of my sense of direction,
and memory.
Sanity.

After walking, and shaking, and thinking,
I came upon a road. 
It materialized so naturally,
that I wasn't even shocked.

So overwhelmed,
by the decision -
Right
Left
I closed my mouth,
turned around,
and went back,
into the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment